Are you looking to reconnect with your Catholic faith?
Awakening Faith, a parish program meant just for you, is starting soon!
You are Invited
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church parish community invites you to six Awakening Faith sessions offered in the spring and fall.
We want to make reconnecting with your Catholic faith as easy as possible. These six basic sessions will help you explore, learn, and share with others in a friendly confidential setting:
Spirituality: What’s the Buzz?
Who is Jesus?
Do We Need the Spirit?
Can I Accept God’s Mercy?
Can Mass Make My Life Meaningful?
The Church and Me
See where God is leading you in your life. Join us!
Are you a Catholic adult who is seeking the Sacrament of Confirmation?
The Adult Confirmation Process might be for you if you are at least 19 years old, have been baptized Catholic and celebrated First Holy Communion, completed religious formation, and are actively participating in the spiritual and sacramental life of the Church.
The Adult Confirmation Process is an opportunity for Catholic adults, not only to receive the outpouring of the Holy Spirit through the reception of the sacrament, but to strengthen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
This six-week preparation process of catechized adults includes an emphasis on ongoing prayer and formation in the Christian way of life. We offer the preparation in the Fall and Spring.
The following are possible indicators of a person’s readiness for Confirmation:
- Formed in the Gospel message, Catholic belief and practice.
- Commitment to living as a follower of Jesus in the Catholic community.
- Regular participation in the Church’s worship, pastoral and sacramental life.
- Willingness to share one’s time and talent in ministry.
- Not bound by any canonical penalty (e.g., a person who is married must be in a marriage which is recognized by the Church)